SAP is a widely used business software platform that helps organizations manage their operations, finance, and logistics. With the growth of cloud-based applications and the need for real-time insights, SAP data integration and migration have become critical components of any digital transformation initiative.
SAP systems play a critical role in the daily operations of many organizations. However, managing the data in these systems can be complex and time-consuming, leading to challenges in data integration and transformation. Fortunately, ScikIQ offers a solution to the challenges of SAP data integration with its NO Code Data Integration and Data Transformation Platform.
Data integration refers to the process of bringing data from different sources and systems into one central location where it can be accessed and analyzed. In the case of SAP, data integration is particularly challenging due to the complexity of the system and the variety of data sources that may need to be integrated. To address this challenge, many organizations are turning to specialized software platforms such as ScikIQ that offer advanced data integration capabilities.
How SCIKIQ Helps with SAP data integration & Migration
ScikIQ’s NO Code Data Integration and Data Transformation Platform allows organizations to extract data from a full range of SAP systems including SAP HANA, ECC 6.0, and SAP BW with just a few clicks. ScikIQ’s Data Integration module for SAP also helps customers build fully governed Data Lakes on Cloud or on Premise by extracting data from multiple sources including SAP and overlaying it on a strong Data Governance and Data Cataloging Framework via ScikIQ Control Module.
SAP data migration is the process of moving data from one SAP system to another or from non-SAP systems to SAP. The migration process can be complex and risky, as it involves moving critical business data. Therefore, it is important to have a well-planned migration strategy and the right tools and expertise to ensure a successful migration.
ScikIQ’s platform also offers SAP data migration capabilities, allowing organizations to migrate data from SAP and non-SAP systems to the new system with minimal impact on the source systems. With ScikIQ, organizations can perform automated data reconciliation, extract data from S4, BW, or ECC with zero complexities and minimal impact on the source, and maintain a fully fault-tolerant system that can start workloads from the last saved checkpoint.
ScikIQ Data Integration module for SAP helps customer build fully governed Data Lake on Cloud or on Premise by extracting data from multiple sources including SAP and overlaying it on a strong Data Governance and Data Cataloging Framework via ScikIQ Control Module.
Non-SAP Products capabilities required to Compliment SAP Data Transfer Methodology
- Data Lake capabilities
- Next gen AI capabilities & ease of integration with open-source tools
- Integration of streaming & unstructured data
- Self Service Capabilities
- Data Quality, & Governance
ScikIQ supports SAP Data Extraction from SAP using the following methodologies
- Database Level: Extraction Framework at Database Level extracts raw data as it is being written to SAP database, transform the data to consumable formats with the required mappings and writes on a target database i.e., Snowflake or Vertica.
- Application Level: ScikIQ uses Remote Function Call libraries to natively connect and extract data from remote function modules, views, tables, and queries.
- OData: SAP OData connectors allow you to browse different OData services exposed in the SAP server through its Catalog service. You can select any service of your choice, retrieve the meta-data of various entities exposed in the selected service and then design a job within ScikIQ to extract data for the given entity set.
- Process Migration: Select AR, AP, GL or P2P process and let ScikIQ pull the data out of all the related tables from SAP for Process Consumption and Dashboarding
Advantages of SAP Data migration with SCIKIQ
SCIKIQ offers numerous advantages when it comes to SAP data migration and integration. Its non-invasive approach ensures minimal impact on the source, while its automated data reconciliation makes the migration process easier and more efficient. With the ability to extract data from S4, BW, or ECC with minimal complexities and impact it brings in the following Advantages.
- Non-Invasive/ Minimal to Zero Impact on Source
- Automated Data Reconciliation
- Extract Data from S4, BW or ECC with Zero Complexities and minimal Impact on the Source
- Fully Fault Tolerant – Start your Workload from the last saved Checkpoint
- Hybrid/ Multi-Cloud Platform
- Visual/NO Code Interface
- Cost Effective ~50-80% reduction in TCO
- Fast, Secure, and Self-Serve Platform
ScikIQ supports infrastructure on demand, which means a new infrastructure can be automatically spined up to perform certain tasks, whenever there is a requirement or on a scheduled time a new POD can be spined without manual effort or coding required. ScikIQ maintains states of the tasks at all levels, so if a certain task failed at some point in time, then the user can easily check error details and can restart the task or resume the task from the current state.
ScikIQ is a multi-tier application where multiple micro-services talks to each other. ScikIQ supports horizontal as well as vertical scaling. Either a few micro-services or all micro-services can be scaled. Elastic & APM has been integrated with ScikIQ for robust logging and application performance monitoring.
SAP data integration and migration are critical components of any digital transformation initiative. With the right tools and expertise, organizations can streamline their data integration and migration processes, centralize their data, and build a single version of the truth that enables faster and more informed decision-making.
Check the detailed Document on SAP Data integration in the Resource section